Sunday, October 17

Had a great weekend

Wow! What a fantastically long weekend. I can't believe how fast our first anniversary came around. It seems only a few weeks ago that we were stressing about the delivery dates of our linens and the arrangements at the winery. But, now that it's been over a year since we've had to worry about those things, they seem so trivial. I'm so glad of that!
We decided today that we will make it a tradition to spend our anniversary at a winery. Since we were married at one it seems only natural, doesn't it? Yesterday we decided to go out to Saint Croix Vineyard and tour the grounds and enjoy a wine tasting. They were delicious. We spent a few dollars purchasing a few bottles of wine and then we decided something else. Since we received a personalized bottle of wine for our wedding (which we saved until today) we will purchase a winery bottle of wine every year and save it until the following anniversary. So, we packed one of our bottles away into a box and we'll pull it out next year and see how it tastes. I hope it's better than the glasses I poured this evening. We tried the wine from our wedding day and it was horrible. Yuck!
Last night, we spent our evening downtown. Something that is coming fewer and farther between these days for the two of us. However, he made reservations at Fogo de Chao and enjoyed a dinner downtown. I have to admit that I was in meat heaven. I've never seen so much meat in my life. There were a few fatty pieces that I didn't enjoy but for the most part, the meat was delicious. I guess I'd have to admit that the vegetables and sides were pretty amazing too, but the meat was primo! After leaving, we decided that the cuisine was delicious but we'd enjoy spending our money at the Melting Pot instead. We both felt so rushed to eat some fo the cuisine and we weren't able to savor it like we did at the Melting Pot. Also, it's a place that would be more enjoyable with a large group. Maybe next time...That brings be to the start of my weekend. WOW! It wasn't expected. I received an email on Thursday night that sent my mind on a path I wasn't expecting. My life is in such a great place, I've worked hard to get where I am, I found an amazing husband that I enjoy spending my life with, my career couldn't be topped and overall, things are going so well. Then, I found out some news about the man who help give me life. Apparently he's not doing well and has spent the weekend in ICU. I haven't heard from him in a few years now and I have written him off, but then, I received an email telling me that he was in the hospital. At first, I figured I would just ride things out and see what happens. I've given it my all already, haven't I? Sure, but when you get news like that, what are you suppo
se to think? Or do? I suppose, you just have to suck it up and make sure you speak your peace. And that is what I did. So now I'm waiting to hear updates. Hour by hour, day by day, we'll see what happens.